A fantastic recipe for a “Greyt” Gourmet Liver Gateau submitted by the Lincolnshire Greyhound Trust. Why not cook up one of these fabulous treats for your favourite furry friend.
“Greyt” Gourmet Liver Gateau
This recipe for gourmet liver gateau is a real favourite with the hounds in our kennels. It’s a tasty alternative to shop-bought treats and is a ‘greyt’ treat for using in training sessions with your dog.
You will need:
- 500g (1lb) liver
- 500g (1lb) organic porridge oats
- 1 large free range egg
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 3 tablespoons natural yogurt
What to do:
- Pre heat the oven to 180o (Gas Mark 4)
- Grease and line a 30cm square ( 12 inch square) baking tin
- Whizz the liver in a food processor until smooth
- Add the crushed garlic, egg and oats and continue to whizz until smooth
- When mixture is smooth stir in the natural yogurt
- Pour into baking tin and bake in oven for around 30 – 40 minutes
- When cooked should be firm & light brown colour
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly before turning out of baking tin
- Cut into bite size pieces
Greyt Gourmet Liver Gateau will keep for up to a week in the fridge and up to 3 months if frozen.